Before Intravenous Sedation
or General Anesthesia
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six hours prior to the appointment.
- You may have water (with nothing added) up to two hours prior to your appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- A responsible adult must stay with the patient for at least 4 hours after the surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, nail polish or acrylic nails on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, upset stomach or loose bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Hudson or Dr. Topper prior to your surgical date for instructions.